Hi! I am Annika, a fine art child photographer in London.
Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.
— Aaron Siskind
Being busy in our everyday life often lets us forget to cherish the little things, to remember them. I felt this immensely when I worked as a doctor and tried to be a good mum to my three children at the same time. I decided to take a step back and instead of rushing through their childhood I wanted to enjoy and capture it. I always had a passion for photography so getting a solid photographic education at college was the obvious next step. Now our often chaotic life inspires me. And I find pleasure in turning our everyday moments and encounters into art and in using art to remember the details.
Experiencing how much I treasure these images of my children made me want to capture this for other families, too. As a child photographer I enjoy turning those fleeting moments into small pieces of art in a genuine, authentic, and joyful way.
Apart from photographing children I am keen to experiment and find creative ways to express myself through photography and digital manipulation and you can see some of these projects below. I love the outdoors, so as often as possible my family and me try to escape the big city and you can find us at the beach, in a forest or any other wilderness.
Some of my recent projects
- I am fascinated by Silhouettes and try to capture some in most outdoor shoots. This year I even created a silhouette of my children and our cat for our Christmas Card.
- Food photography is very rewarding as a lot of food looks fantastic – and after the shoot you are in for a treat!
- Release me is a series on small creatures being trapped in translucent containers
- Glow in the Dark was inspired on a camping trip to Wales.
- Cyanotypes are one of my passions and I love to experiment with them, adding colours and using different materials.